Wall Street opens sharply lower, the Dow fell 300 points
2019-01-28 03:19 pm | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 177
US stock markets started trading on Monday low despite an agreement that ended the longest closing of the US government in history.
Which included the bipartisan spending that would extend government funding for another three weeks that would not include additional funds for a border wall demanded by US President Donald Trump.
However, Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvani said Trump was ready to close another if his demands were not met, while the president himself expressed doubts about his willingness to accept funding less than $ 5.7 billion for the Mexican border fence.
At the same time, Caterpillar and NVIDIA reported their weaker-than-expected quarterly earnings earlier in the day, which blamed sales for China.
Caterpillar announces revenues of $ 14.4 billion in the fourth quarter, up 11% annually
US construction company Caterpillar said Monday its fourth-quarter revenue for the fiscal year 2018 was $ 14.4 billion, up 11% from the same period last year. The company said earnings per share were $ 1.78, up 182% yoy.
The full-year results showed revenue increased 20% in 2018 compared to the previous year, reaching $ 54.7 billion while earnings per share during the year were $ 10.26, a huge increase of 714% over 2017.
"Our vision assumes a modest increase in sales based on the fundamentals of our diverse markets as well as the macroeconomic and geopolitical environment." We will continue to focus on operational excellence, including cost discipline, as we invest in extended offers and services to drive prices, "said Jim Umpleby, Long.
- Caterpillar expects the profit to rise to $ 11.75 to $ 12.75 in 2019.
After corporate results, Caterpillar shares fell 3.72% in pre-market trading on Wall Street, with some figures, including adjusted earnings, losing investors' expectations.
US Stocks Open
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 300 points, or 1.26% at the beginning of the session, affected by Caterpillar and Apple
- The Nasdaq 100 fell 1.43%, with NVIDIA declining more than 17%.
- At the same time, the S & P 500 was trading 0.98% in the red zone at the opening bell, with Nvidia and Caterpillar the worst performer.
The EUR / USD was little changed, selling at 1.1410 at 9:32 am ET.
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01