The Dollar is heading for a weekly closing in red
2019-02-22 09:42 am | Resource: NEWS | No Views : 169
The dollar traded on Friday after a series of losses since the beginning of the week, which improved slightly yesterday after durable goods data and unemployment claims
US unemployment claims for the first time fell more-than-expected in the week ending Feb. 16, falling to 216,000, down 23,000 from the previous unadjusted level of 239,000. Economists had expected jobless claims to fall to 229,000. According to data released by the Ministry of Commerce.
Durable Goods orders rose 1.2% in December, after jumping 1% in November. Economists had expected durable goods orders to rise by 1.5%, compared to a 0.7% increase announced last month.
Markets in Europe continued to fluctuate in the pre-sell market as investors focused on Brexit developments and ongoing trade negotiations between the US and China, which are due to close later in the day. Michel Barnier, chief EU negotiator for the European Union, said earlier in the morning that he was becoming more concerned about the possibility of a strong exit from the EU, with "very serious" consequences.
Tensions between the UK and China declined
China is ready to host Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond for trade talks after Defense Secretary Gavin Williamson criticized his threat to send a warship to the South China Sea, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Jing Shuang told a press conference Friday.
Earlier, Hammond claimed that Williamson's comments were inconsistent as decisions about deploying the aircraft carrier should not be taken by him but by the British National Security Council. "This is quite premature, the aircraft carrier will not be on full operational readiness for another two years," said the consultant. "When these decisions are made, they will be issued at the National Security Council," Hammond said, stressing that London should conduct its relations with Beijing "with great caution."
Last week, China canceled scheduled trade talks with the United Kingdom as a result of Williamson's threats to Britain, which is deploying the Royal Navy, the Queen Elizabeth, loaded with two F-35s into the disputed area of the South China Sea.
- The dollar index, which measures the greenback versus a basket of major currencies, is at 96.428. This fell by 0.5%
- The Euro was trading flat at $ 1.1347, up 0.1%
- While the British Pound fell at $ 13033, down 0.1%.
- The Dollar was steady against the Yen with no significant changes, as the USD / JPY pair is trading at 110.75.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01