Dollar rises amid uncertainty over developments of trade talks
2019-05-06 11:45 am | Resource: News | No Views : 136
The US dollar rose as the yuan fell against the dollar on Monday amid uncertainty surrounding the future of trade negotiations between the world's two largest economies following US President George W. Bush's remarks.
Over the weekend, Trump threatened to raise tariffs on Chinese goods worth $ 200 billion from 10% to 25%. At the same time, Beijing has insisted on its willingness to continue trade talks with Washington despite the US president's comments, noting that Trump has already made similar threats in the past.
Trump: The United States stops losing 500 billion dollars a year on China's trade
The United States will not lose hundreds of billions of dollars a year on trade after it announced plans to impose new tariffs on Chinese imports, US President Donald Trump said in a tweet on Monday.
"For many years, the United States has lost between $ 600 billion and $ 800 billion in trade, with China losing $ 500 billion ... Sorry, we will not do that anymore!" Said Trump. .
German companies worried about the US-China trade war
Dr Erik Schweitzer, president of the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said his country's economy could have a negative impact on the deterioration of trade relations between the United States and China.
"It will not be good at all" for German companies, said the head of the lobby group. On Sunday, US President Donald Trump announced that Washington would increase the tariff on Chinese goods by $ 200 billion from the current 10% to 25%, starting on Friday. China said it is still ready to continue trade negotiations with the United States.
The rise of the dollar and the yuan falls amid uncertainty over the development of trade talks
The Chinese currency has come under pressure from Donald Trump's threat to increase tariffs on Chinese imports, estimated at $ 200 billion to 25 percent this week, as talks resume in preparation for a trade deal by the end of the week.
- The yuan fell 0.4 percent against the dollar after hitting 6.8206 yuan earlier in the day, the lowest level since early January.
- The dollar index, which tracks the performance of the greenback versus a number of major currencies, rose 0.08% to 97.54.
- The euro fell very slightly against the dollar as the EURUSD traded at 1.1199.
- GBP / USD fell 0.55% to trade at $ 1.31009.
- The dollar fell against the yen, which represents a safe haven to settle at 110.79.
- The greenback rose against the Canadian currency at 1.34717.
We offer you the analysis of the US dollar against the Japanese Yen on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 with the most important expectations for the dollar against the Japanese yen on the market. Time frame Used - four hours The USD/JPY is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. USD/JPY is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 112.10 as the USD-JPY closed yesterday's session down below 112.00…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:04 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 17 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 16 April 2019 09:02 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 16 April 2019 09:00 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 16 April 2019 08:59 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 15 April 2019 10:05 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the GBP/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:46 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the EUR/USD pair 15 April 2019 09:33 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for the USD/JPY pair 12 April 2019 01:19 am2019-04-12
Best trading brokers
- Bitcoin burglars succeed in stealing 140,000 dollars of encrypted currency 2017-11-07
- Euro zone manufacturing PMI widen in June, EUR /USD Slip’s 2017-07-03
- Chairman Gaincarlo just made the most bullish statements in front of the Congress 2018-02-06
- commodities Fundamental analysis aaab 2017-08-13
- job growth slowed by much more than anticipated in the month of March 2018-04-06
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01