Wall Street rallies fall despite car tariff delay
2019-05-17 02:40 pm | Resource: News | No Views : 111
Markets opened in the United States in the red zone on Friday despite a decision by US President Donald Trump to delay tariffs on imported cars for six months earlier in the day.
The news was overshadowed by the continuing trade dispute between the United States and China, which accused the former of "simple tricks" and lack of sincerity in their dealings. In other news, economic data was released on US consumer sentiment and the weekly oil platform calculation after the opening bell.
US customs duties on cars are officially postponed for 6 months
US President Donald Trump's administration decided to defer customs duties on imported cars on Friday as it continued to negotiate trade deals with the European Union and Japan. By Saturday, the White House had to decide on car duties, but it was reported earlier this week that Trump would delay it for 180 days.
"Within 180 days of the date of this declaration, the Trade Representative will inform me of the outcome of the negotiations under item (1) of this Declaration" and a decision will be taken accordingly, the White House statement said. In addition, the President directed US Trade Representative Robert Laizer to lead negotiations with the European Union.
US consumer confidence rose to a 15-year high in May
The results of a preliminary survey conducted by the University of Michigan on Friday showed confidence among consumers in the United States improved markedly in May. The Michigan Consumer Confidence Index (MCSI) stood at 102.4, up 5.3% from the previous month and 4.5% year-on-year.
The current economic conditions index was 112.4, up 0.1% from the previous month and 0.6% from the same month last year. Meanwhile, the Consumer Sentiment Index rose 9.8% from April and 7.7% from May 2018 to 96.0.
"The consumer confidence index in May rose to its highest level in 15 years, and every gain in May was in the outlook index, which also rose to its highest level since 2004," said Richard Cortin, chief consumer economist at consumer polls. the report. "Even regardless of the direct effect of tariffs on tariffs, increasing tariffs can cause a general loss of confidence that can reduce consumer spending," he said. "At the moment, data show moderate spending growth in the year Next ".
Wall Street Opens
We offer you the analysis of the NASDAQ 100 index on Wednesday , April 17, 2019 with the most important forecasts for the NASDAQ 100 index in the US market. Time frame Used - four hours The NASDAQ 100 is moving in a bullish direction in the near term. The Nasdaq 100 is still facing resistance and selling pressure around 7670 levels, forming a negative candlestick pattern as the indices…
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 17 April 2019 11:17 pm2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 16 April 2019 09:10 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 16 April 2019 09:09 am2019-04-16
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 15 April 2019 11:00 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 15 April 2019 10:48 pm2019-04-14
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 12 April 2019 02:06 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 12 April 2019 01:55 am2019-04-12
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The NASDAQ100 11 April 2019 09:23 am2019-04-11
- Best Opportunities, Vision and Technical Analysis for The DOW JONES 11 April 2019 09:14 am2019-04-11
Best trading brokers
- Deutsche Bank warns its clients to trade with "Bitcoin" 2017-11-24
- Loophole in Twitter allows the spread of 35,000 characters 2017-11-07
- Facebook Fundamental analysis 2017-08-15
- Apple acquires Canadian company specializing in virtual reality technologies 2017-11-23
- Apple shares rose 6 percent 2017-08-02
- Technical analysis and outlook for most currencies - commodities and Shares for 2019 05:20 pm 2019-01-01
- The last part: the difference between correction and reflection and how to trade them? 09:36 am 2018-12-18
- Difference between correction and reversal and how to trade them? 08:04 am 2018-12-17
- Dogecoin .. Electronic currency arose as a result of irony 03:54 pm 2018-01-26
- Currency and commodity analysis for 2018 05:14 pm 2018-01-01